Tuesday, May 31, 2011

To start with...

New York Rocks.

Heads up civilized world, you've got a thing or two to learn from NYC. Chain stores that sell food: Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts, ect. are legally required to post calorie counts next to the the price of the food. In the same size and type of font.

This came to my attention when I entered a Dunkin' Donuts, planning to get a coffee with cream and sugar and maybe a donut. I left with a medium black coffee and the feeling of having dodged a bullet.

I had no idea how many calories were in the food. A lot of us don't think about calories when we order food. We consider price, that's for sure, but we don't stop to think how much of our daily 2,000 we're eating.

The day I just described happened about a year ago. I was so sure that the rest of the country would be right on New York's heels. This program has been such an eye-opener for me. Where are you rest of the civilized world? Why don't you want to save your people from obesity?

source material:


No comments:

Post a Comment